Thursday 10 September 2015

Volunteering and mud

Hi
this weekend I'm off to a tough mudder event with a friend, not as a competitor but as a support volunteer. It is dual purpose for me, firstly I have always really appreciated the volunteers who support runners with drinks, snacks etc and more importantly encouragement so be nice to give something back.

 The second reason is a more selfish one, as part of my gradual recovery from depression and anxiety issues I need more social interaction as I find it difficult, I am worried about this but as will be in small groups and all fairly anonymous as a faceless supporter hopefully I'll be able to cope and take a step forward to getting more of a life...


so looking forward to a muddy weekend:)

Gareth (TheTryAth)

No comments:

Post a Comment