Thursday 10 September 2015

NEWTON RUNNING KISMET - Stability Shoe - REVIEW

Hi
As you guys are aware I'm recovering from injury and as part of it I've been advised to go for stability shoes as part of my recovery. Thanks to the folks at +Newton Running ,I am going to be using the Kismet stability shoe.

I have now started my jog and walk recovery program, so this is my review of the Kismet shoe.

Out the box

First impressions count, a nice looking shoe not as bright as some models so gives it a bit more all round use, all though the it has a good amount of reflective surface for safety.The shoe is light weight at 275g, it also has the usual Newton running construction which is robust even though light, this is the benefit of when the people making shoes are real runners themselves!









Field test

I have taken the Kismet shoes out on the two run and walk I have done so far in recovery, first I noticed  how comfortable the shoes are, when ever I run at slow speeds seems I really feel the comfort or lack of it a shoe, these give a great ride. The construction of the 5 lug  tread pattern gives a smooth action through your foot, considering they are 'all round' shoes I thought they felt very quick, will be interesting to up the pace in them as my leg heals up.



overall

I love these shoes! they feel so comfortable and stable, I've always been a fan of Newton and once again they live up to expectations.

Gareth  (TheTryAth)

Newton Running UK      Newton Running

Newton specs
The Newton recipe for success: one part determination and one part Kismet. Kismet? Destiny. This 5 lug P.O.P 2 Core Trainer is the everyday go-to shoe for a runner needing the extra bit of functional stability found in our broad and stable e.m.b platform. Responsive, comfortable and stable with a 4.5 mm drop - this shoe is the entry into our open-chamber Action/Reaction technology. It's easy to put on and impossible to take off. It's love at first stride. It's Kismet.
  • Item number • M011914

  • Weight • 275 g

  • Heel-to-toe drop • 4.5 mm

  • EMB • Yes

  • Upper

    • Seamless engineered mesh upper • 360 degree reflectivity • Heel lace lock
  • Outersole

    • 5-lug P.O.P 2 platform • Action/Reaction technology in the forefoot and heel • Biomechanical metatarsal sensor plate • Open ground surface EVA in mid-stance • Durable s.h.a.r.c (super high abrasion rubber compound) outsole composite in forefoot • e.m.b extended medial bridge for additional stability 

No comments:

Post a Comment