Sunday 5 July 2015

getting out what we put in

Hi
firstly this has been a good week for me, I've managed to run more a 4, 6 and 12 miler plus a couple of walk and runs with a relative who has started running, that's been great as I usually run alone. Plus I've managed get to the gym a couple of times including a circuit class I find this hard to do as social anxiety kicks in (I spend more time trying find reasons why I cannot/should not go then actually at the gym!).

So I've managed to do some more  things and its been an easier week mindfulness wise, I've managed to read for longer periods and concentrate on the moment more. This is why I HATE depression because it stops doing the things that can help us so often, when we desperately need positives it does and often confines us from anything that gives us them (I speak from experience).

I am grateful for this week and I hope for many more...and I hope I can remember these times in more clarity when the bad times strike and try pull me down. I thought for a long time there would never be good days but they do come now....and I try make the most of them when they are here, to get a little store of positives to cope when they are not here.


I wish all well, sometimes we cannot and that's ok but when we can lets take advantage and build up that store of good for when we need it.

Gareth (TheTryAth)

No comments:

Post a Comment