Saturday 23 April 2016

Arc’teryx Norvan SL - Gore-tex jacket - Review

Hi
I was lucky enough recently to win a prize from +EllisBrigham from a competition they ran on social media. The prize I received was perfect for me it is an +Arc'teryx Norvan SL gore-tex running jacket, I've used it quite a few times now and this is my review.(just to note my review was not part of me winning, it is just something I have decided to do)

First impressions

The jacket is very light but more robust than some(feels more sturdy than my Montane Minimus smock), it comes with a small stuff bag which can be secured internally on the jacket when not in use.The colour although black has some clear his viz flashes for safety in poor light conditions so being seen and safe is still ok with this.The hood is a good fit although it leaves the entire face uncovered, this a personal preference as some prefer this and others where when fully zipped some jackets cover the lower part of the face.The fit is generous I normally take size XL but the Large size fitted me comfortably. One thing to be aware is the Jacket does not have any storage, but it is a rain shell so not really a massive issue.

Field Test

I've used it in some varied conditions now, packs away easy and can be unpacked and worn quick too. The jacket is a great waterproof and and a great layer on a windy day too, the gore-tex works well and the jacket breathes very well when conditions get warmer and as you heat up. The fit is good running cut plenty of movement range in the arms and the cuffs and bottom of the jacket are well elasticated to keep fit.Only drawback for some it the lack of storage as requires alternative for map etc.



Conclusion.

I like this jacket its a comfortable running water shell, and sturdy enough for some wind proofing.The fact it is full zip is a benefit for heat dispersion, and I like how small it packs can fit in a running belt pouch.

Thank again ARC'TERYX and the folks at Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports




No comments:

Post a Comment