Monday 20 April 2015

machines,circuits and poorly legs!

Hi all
  So to update what's going on at moment poorly leg is still playing up only really painful with impact so running is still a no, so priority is trying keep up fitness till it recovers and I can run again so this in mind I've been in the gym everyday apart from Saturday. My training over the last week has been mainly cross trainer and bike but I've mixed it with longer sessions and some shorter sprint sessions I have however pushed on the difficulty levels and gone up a few so when can run again see if my skinny legs are stronger! also worked more on core,squats and general bodyweight exercises to help recovery for those mountains.

I've also started going to the gym earlier most days, main reason being trying to get myself going before I get chance for depression anxiety to kick in and spiral worse, not managed it every day some taken me till later to work through some self help and motivate, but on the days I've managed it seems to help exercising earlier with thoughts and body too.

 Now circuits, I got brave enough to go to one last week I was going on Friday but social anxiety beat me so just ended up on cross trainer, I've managed to start this week with one though! I'll not lie was a struggle as social anxiety kicked in big time and I had to do some real self persuasion to get there (just go, if you do not feel like it when there or too much you can just go the gym and so on...) todays circuit was different, more weighted exercises but plenty of steps and squats and more upper body which was a change been a while since worked shoulders and arms hard!

So all in all some difficulties but managed get through some and hanging in there...

wish all well, happy running or happy whatever :)
Gareth

No comments:

Post a Comment