Monday 5 September 2016

Back out today after a few days off, my achilles was painful after pushing the speed on my last run, so I had to take a break and let it settle down. So this afternoon I decided on a steady paced 6 miler, the route was slightly hilly but the weather improved as soon as I walked out the door and got hotter and hotter! by the end of the run think I must have been so red I would have glowed in the dark!

My mood has been really low during the period of the last few days I could not run, but after today's run I am in a much better frame of mind. I have said it before and will continue to promote the message that running/exercise does not make your problems and issues like depression and anxiety disappear, but it DOES help us to cope with them.

On a positive note,after the run where I pushed the pace it was only my achilles that suffered, otherwise I felt great and no soreness!, so I think the CurraNZ Sport is still doing its job.

No comments:

Post a Comment